Like everything in nature, change take time. The time you wait for things to change can be considerable, but often worth it. If you planted a rose seed yesterday; you would not expect the rose to be in full bloom today. Viewing the rose in all its silky vibrant beauty may take a while.
This is the human condition in one, we all grow in different time spans and stages. For that reason to avoid frustration when dealing with natural hair:
- Write a hair diary or a hair journal
- Jot down when you first decide to go natural and the milestones you have met, tangible progress made
- Note how often you wash your hair, blow-dry, trim (split ends occur whether hair is natural or otherwise)
- Most importantly give your hair the time! Don’t expect over night success, enjoy the journey
Taking all into account, the most favorable way to achieve a high standard of finish with natural hair is to invest in products, (without becoming a product junkie lol). Some may disagree, however simply washing, combing and wrapping up at night is quite redundant and anti-productive (especially if you wish to go through different hair extrapolations). Below I have included one of my favourite product of the moment.
A luxurious natural spray oil that helps condition hair and scalp. Formulated with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vitamin E, this easy to use spray oil is ideal for braids.
150ml, buy now at Pak Cosmetics
- Hair: Regimen’d Staples (noregretsjustadventures.wordpress.com)