I don’t know about you but this year has gone by so fast! Do you remember when you it was the beginning of the year and you noted down all the resolutions/changes that were going to be made and adhered to? Now as 2013 is upon us, realistically, what did we stick to? Did we drop down two dress sizes, give up alcohol or quit smoking for good?! Probably not but if we truly want to accomplish these things, we have to change our way of thinking, otherwise they will remain goals we will never achieve.
Personally, I have dabbled in a few resolutions over the years and if truth be told, I have never achieved more than a week before losing motivation or completely forgetting about it. I am hoping that next year will be different as I have many personal goals that I would like to achieve in order to give myself and family a more prosperous life.
I have seen many people being taken away from us over the last few years with plenty more life to live and it has definitely been an eye-opener into why we should set positive objectives. Our resolutions don’t always have to be something which we have put in place each consecutive year, only to fail through lack of determination. Setting smaller goals will make them easier to achieve, especially if they are based on shorter periods of time. Many people always base their resolutions on themselves but, there are other ones that can be made to ensure an impact in your life.
Give these potential resolutions some thought:-
- Spending more time with your loved ones, as life is too short.
- Eating healthier, in aide of promoting a good well-being as well as healthy natural hair growth.
- Set aside a small amount each month to help with those potential rainy days.
- If you have a dream, share it with someone that you know will encourage you to stay on track and make this dream a reality – we have nothing to fear but ourselves.
- Make the absolute most of each and every day!
Let’s make 2013 the one to remember!
By Maria Kerr