If your edges are getting thinner and thinner, this one is for you.
Thin edges are something that both men and women can suffer from (no discrimination). Thinning hair can be a result of multiple factors, such as stress, tight braids, too much pulling, anemia, alopecia, etc… Trying to hide bald spots can be a tricky task especially if you have short hair BUT there are things you can do to help.
- Massage your scalp: Scalp massages stimulate the circulation of the blood. The increased circulation ensures the best starting conditions for every individual hair. This is because follicles receive more nutrients and oxygen, which promotes faster growth of hair. Besides, a stimulating scalp massage has many general benefits, including stress relieves and headaches. You do not require to apply any product.
- Protein treatments: Incorporate protein into your regimen, such as avocado, and massage it into your scalp. Protein treatments boost the hair with nutrients and help reconstruct and strengthen hair strands.
- Be mindful of the products you use on your face as they might damage your hairline. Things such as facial facers can be harsh for the hair.
- Use a satin pillowcase to sleep instead of cotton, or a satin headscarf. The cotton will absorb the oils from your hair which can leave them dry. Your edges require these oils to remain healthy.
- Wearing tight protective hairstyles: sleek hair or tight braids are cute but could potentially cost you your edge. Is it worth the risk?… Nah
- Edge control: trying to sleek down your baby hair? Think again! Let your hair do what it wants to do.